- This event has passed.
Monday 16th Nov – Webinar: Personal Job Search Strategy
16th November 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Join this webinar to hear from a previous Careers Springboard member, James Lythe as he shares his job search strategy.
James joined the Careers Springboard network during 2010 before finding work with Control Risks in London, training corporate crisis management teams, and has been working across a variety of sectors and locations for the last ten years, including Europe, Africa, North America and Latin America. Prior to joining Control Risks, James serviced as a British Army Officer and later worked for Johnson & Johnson, Systems Consultants Services and Needhams 1834.
His presentation will include the core themes of crisis management that James applied to his own job search and applies every day during his work; focus, prioritisation, values and communication, as well as on the concepts of fear, inertia and procrastination that can undo a strong candidate if left unchecked.
What will James cover?
- the tools and techniques that James successfully applied to the job search process,
- talking about what worked and what didn’t,
- and how he has developed his professional skills during work,
- finding a sensible balance between work and home life,
- plus experience in interviewing recruiting,
- job searches, online and offline,
- and developing an online presence.
The talk will be followed by a Q&A.
Presenter: James Lythe (Associate Director – Control Risks)
Whilst serving in the army James experienced 2 life threatening episodes of heat exhaustion and was told that his army career was over. Instead he took a promotion exam and served for an additional seven years, including on attachment to the Spanish army.
Over the last ten years James has also worked in some of the worlds most challenging locations including Nigeria Angola and Erbil, Kurdistan and will also reflect on how his experiences have informed his approach to business and job searching. These themes will include:
- Identifying and playing to your strengths,
- maximising networking opportunities,
- “multiple irons, multiple fires”
- the challenges and opportunities in the uncertainty surrounding the current job climate
- and the importance of always having a backup plan.
James has sat where you are sitting right now and recognises the importance of using the network to build resilience and help others.
To join the webinar you need to be a Careers Springboard member. Register for free now. If you are an existing member you will receive the Zoom link in the weekly e-newsletter.Register